www.nationalforest.org is owned and managed by the National Forest Company (‘We’, ‘Us’ or 'NFC'). We are registered in England and Wales with company number 02991970 and have our registered office at Enterprise Glade, Bath Yard, Moira, Swadlincote, Derbyshire, DE12 6BA.
Other terms that may apply to you
- Our Privacy Notice
- Our Cookies Policy
- The terms and conditions relevant to any purchase by you of goods or services through our site will apply (those terms and conditions will be identified to you at the time of sale).
Changes to, suspension or withdrawal of our site
We may update and change our site, including any content or information displayed or otherwise made available on it, from time to time.
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
Our site is aimed at users in the UK
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us.
The NFC wishes to enhance public access to information about the National Forest and it maintains this site mainly for informational purposes.
The content on our site is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date. Let us know if you find anything that is wrong.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal, non-commercial use or for educational use, and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged as follows:
Any use of information (text or images) in the site should be accompanied by an acknowledgement of the source, citing the uniform resource locator (URL) of the page (Title of material, © copyright National Forest Company)
Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the express permission of NFC or our licensors.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Content that you upload to our site
Where you have entered into an agreement with NFC which permits the uploading of materials for inclusion in our site (e.g. through creating a promotional listing for your business or activity, further details of which can be found here, you must comply with the content standards set out below in addition to the terms of your agreement.
Materials uploaded for inclusion in our site must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts);
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions); and
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
Materials uploaded for inclusion in our site must not:
- Be defamatory of any person;
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory, threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Promote sexually explicit material, violence, discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or any illegal activity;
- Infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or other intellectual property rights of any other person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the material emanates from your organisation, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites other than those permitted under the terms of your agreement with NFC.
You warrant that any materials supplied by you comply with the above content standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
You agree and acknowledge that we will not be obliged to accept or include on our site any materials which do not comply with the above content standards or which we reasonably consider should not be included on our site.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant NFC and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in your agreement with us.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
The National Forest logo is a registered trade mark owned by the National Forest Company. You are not permitted to use our trade mark without our approval, unless such use is part of material you are using as permitted under the section above headed ‘How you may use material on our site’ or pursuant to any other agreement which you may have entered into with the NFC including a brand licence (further details of which can be found here).
Linking to www.nationalforest.org
We encourage you linking directly to the information on our site. However we do ask that you comply with the rules set out below:
- You may link to any content on our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
National Forest Company
Enterprise Glade, Bath Yard, Moira, Swadlincote, Derbyshire, DE12 6BA
+44 (0)1283 551211
The NFC makes every effort to ensure, but does not guarantee, the accuracy or completeness of the information on its web site. Our aim is to keep this information up to date and accurate however, the NFC accepts no liability for the accuracy of all the information presented at any given time. Let us know if you find anything that is wrong and we will try to rectify it as soon as possible. The NFC may change information on the site without notice.
Every effort is made to ensure that the site is secure and that downloadable content is free from viruses but this cannot always be guaranteed. The NFC accepts no responsibility for damages resulting from virus infection incurred as a result of using this site or any link to external sites.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software. You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Links to external websites
Links contained in www.nationalforest.org will lead to other website which are beyond our control. These links are provided for your information only. NFC is not responsible for the content of any linked site. We do not investigate, monitor or check third party websites for accuracy or completeness. Links and listings should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind and we accept no liability in respect of the content or security of third sites. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and have no control over the availability of the pages. You are advised to read the terms and conditions of sites you visit via links from this site.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of supply.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Our Privacy Notice explains how we protect and respect the data we collect from you.
Feedback and Complaints
The NFC welcomes your feedback. We aim to respond to complaints within 15 working days. If you have a complaint or any other comments about our site please leave your feedback using our feedback form.